Before updating the theme, save a backup copy of your current site. We will not be responsible for your backup.
You can check the theme changelogs here.
Theme update will overwrite the theme files only. Your existing settings, content and media will not be altered.
- Go to your email and download the latest theme (from the download link you received upon your purchase)
If you purchase from Creative Market, you may login to download the latest theme.
- Unzip the downloaded file and find [theme name].zip file to install
- Go to Appearance – Themes
- Select Add New button on top
- Select Upload Theme button
- Click Choose File to find and select the theme zip file
- Click Install Now button
- There should be notification on your current version and the uploaded version. Click Replace current with uploaded button
- Clear browser and site cache (if you have cache plugin installed)
If you are using a child theme, you don’t have to activate the theme after the theme install/update.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m seeing blank site with no style!
Kindly clear your browser and site cache.
Can I update if my site already has content?
Sure, update is applied on theme/layout only. Your content will be intact.
Does this update changed my theme/plugin settings?
No, the update will update the theme layout and/or add features to theme. Whatever settings you have had will be intact.
If you upload your theme and received the following error:
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Rest assured, your theme style.css stylesheet is not missing. Usually this happens because you’re trying to upload the whole download file which is incorrect.
Kindly follow the following steps:
1- Unzip the download file (example: chicwell_theme.zip)
2- Open the unzipped/uncompressed folder (example: chicwell_theme/)
3- Locate the theme zip file (example: ChicWell.zip) and upload this zip file directly.
Where’s my ZIP file?
Safari by default will unzip the downloaded zip file. You may want to disable it.
Kindly find your Safari download folder, the zip file should be within.
However, sometimes Safari will unzip and delete the downloaded zip file. You may want to disable this behaviour, you can refer here.