1- The samp[le content XML file can be found inside the purchase zip file.
2- The demo file cannot setup the Theme Options or Widgets for you, so please continue with the theme documentation to learn how to setup your theme.
3- After sample content is imported, you must follow the theme documentation to setup the theme.
If you receive the error message “Failed to import Media”, most likely your server may not allow uploads from remote servers and the image imports will fail. However, the images will still appear on your site. Please proceed to upload your own images.
If you prefer to setup our demo content into your theme to start with, please follow these steps:
- Make sure the theme is activated
- Go to Tools – Import – WordPress
- Install the Plugin “Install Importer” by clicking Install Now
- Click Activate Plugin & Run Importer
- Browse to sample_content.xml file and upload the file
- On the next screen, tick the checkbox Download and import file attachments and click Submit
- It will take a while, once completed you’ll see the message All done. Have fun!
Failed to import…
Importing sample content may have issue on some web hosting, you can try to import again, it will skip all the imported content and re-import those that missed out the first time.
There are a few things that may not be uploaded, or when a plugin (eg: WooCommerce plugin) is not activated, the failed import will notify you a certain page, post, media or a post type cannot be import.
This is a notification more than an error. All imported content are dummies content and images (grey image placeholder), which you will have to re-insert/edit the content.
You can still continue setup the theme according to the theme documentation without an issue.